Summer 2022 came in as the fourth hottest on record officially for DFW. The average temperature was 88.2°F for the three month period beginning June 1st through August 31st. We had a total of 47 days of 100°F heat. 21 of those days were consecutive from July 16th through August 5th. The first 100-degree day of the summer was 103°F on June 11th. The last 100-degree day was 102°F on August 17th. The average number of 100-degree days per summer season is about 16. The hottest temperature of the summer was 109°F that occurred three consecutive days on July 18th through the 20th. The coolest temperature of the summer was 65°F on June 2nd.
The top five hottest summers on record for DFW with their average temperature are as follows:
- 2011 90.5°F with 71 100-degree days
- 1980 89.2°F with 69 100-degree days
- 1998 88.3°F with 56 100-degree days
- 2022 88.2°F with 47 100-degree days
- 1954 87.7°F with 52 100-degree days